How do you set a Casio analog watch? There are two types of watches, analog and digital. Analog watches are considered the old watch type, those with the ticking hands. Digital watches have the face with all numbers for the time. There are also ani-digi watches which have a combination of both features. For our purposes, we will be discussing the setting of normal analog watches. We will split the process into two processes, setting the date and setting the time, since there will be occasions when you will wish to set the time without setting the date.
Items needed to set an analog Casio watch:
- Analog Casio watch
- Polishing cloth
The process to set the date on an analog Casio watch is as follows:
- Make sure the current time is not between 8:00 p.m. and 1:00 a.m. Casio recommends that you do not set the date on their watches between the hours of 8:00 p.m. and 1:00 a.m. It is always wise to follow such rules as they do not just make them up for no reason.
- Unscrew crown. Some Casio watches, especially those designed for diving, may have a screwed down crown. If yours has that, unscrew the crown until it pops free and spins freely.
- Pull out crown to first click. Pulling out the crown to the first click sets up the watch to fix the date.
- Set the day and date. Turning the crown one direction will set the date and turning it in the opposite direction will set the day, if it has one. Not all watches have both. Turn the crown until you have set the day and date to the one prior to the day and date desired. The purpose of this is so that when you are setting the time, you can set the a.m. and p.m. function of the watch correctly, and it will roll the watch over to the correct date when it goes past midnight.
The process to set the time on an analog Casio watch is as follows:
- Pull out crown to second click. Pulling out the crown to the second click sets the watch in time setting mode.
- Set Time. Use the crown to set the time. Advance the time by turning it clockwise. Watch the day/date window and when the day/date changes that is midnight. Now that the a.m./p.m. mode is set correctly, advance the time to the one you wish to set it to.
- Push in crown. When finished setting the watch, push in the crown completely.
- Screw in crown. If your watch has a screw-down crown, press in the crown gently with a finger. Twist the crown clockwise to screw it back down. Take care here not to cross thread the crown. If there is any resistance, stop and unscrew it and try again. Cross threading the crown can wreck the crown tube. Then, it will have to be replaced to retain water resistance.
- Polish watch. Use the polishing cloth and polish off the fingerprints you put on the watch during the setting.
You have now set your analog Casio watch, so enjoy wearing it.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.