Need to know how to set a Fossil diver watch? It depends upon what type of Fossil dive watch it is. Fossil has made various types of divers watches, analog divers watches, digital divers watches, and ani-digi divers watches which are a combination of analog and digital watch movements. With digital and ani-digi watches there are so many movements with so many ways of setting them that it really requires a model number to give their instructions. Therefore this article will concentrate upon how to set analog Fossil divers watches which are all basically set in the same manner.
Items needed to set an analog Fossil divers watch:
- Fossil divers watch
- Clean soft cloth
The process to set an analog Fossil divers watch will be something like this:
- Unscrew crown. Most divers watches will have a screw down crown to help the watch be water resistant. Turn the crown counter clockwise until it pops free.
- Pull crown one click. Pull crown of watch out to the second position which is one click. This is the day and date position. Twist crown clockwise and counter clockwise to set the day and date to the previous days day and date. The purpose of this is to set the correct day and date by setting the time and insuring it is in the correct AM or PM mode.
- Pull crown out to second click. Pull crown out to the third position which is the second click. This is the time set position. Twist the crown clockwise until the day and date change to the current day. The watch is now in the a.m. position. Continue to twist the crown until the correct current time is reached. If the current time is a p.m. time, you will run the watch hands around the complete dial past 12 once again to get to the p.m. time. If you fail to do this, the date will change in the middle of the afternoon.
- Push crown in to first setting. Push the crown back in to the furthest position. This is the unscrewed crown position where the watch will run, but will not be water resistant.
- Screw in crown. Use a fingertip and gently press the crown in and then screw it in place carefully. It should be smooth with no binding. If any pressure is felt unscrew it and start over. You do not wish to cross thread the crown tube or it will need to be replaced in order for your Fossil diver watch to be water resistant.
- Clean watch. Use the soft cloth and polish off any fingerprints on your fine Fossil watch.
That is how you set a Fossil analog divers watch. It is not a hard task, but care must be taken not to damage the crown tube which is probably the most common mistake people make when setting Fossil divers watches.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!