How To Set Up A Motorcycle Battery
You just bought a new motorcycle and want to know how to set up a motorcycle battery. Follow the simple directions and you will be able to set up your motorcycle battery in no time.
Things You Will Need:
- Replacement battery
- Philips screwdriver
- Work gloves
- Go to the motorcycle shop and buy a new battery for your motorcycle. Bring the battery home and shut off your car. Bring your new battery and Philips screwdriver over to your motorcycle.
- Lift the seat up on your motorcycle and remove it. Set it away from your motorcycle.
- There is a plastic battery cover (over the battery) to protect your motorcycle battery. Remove the plastic battery cover and set it to the side.
- Unscrew the two connection posts from the old battery. Remove the rubber strap and set the old motorcycle battery to the side. When you are finished setting up your motorcycle battery, you will dispose of the old battery properly. The motorcycle shop may have charged you a core charge. Bring the old battery to them and receive your core charge back from them.
- Slide the new battery into the battery housing. This is how you set up your motorcycle battery. Reattach the rubber strap and make sure the battery is secured by the strap. You can test it by trying to move it with your hand.
- Screw the two connection posts to the new battery. The positive connection goes to the positive side of the battery. The negative connection goes to the negative side of the battery. Do not mix them up.
- You can put a touch of Vaseline on both connections after you set up the battery on your motorcycle.
- Put the plastic cover back over your battery. Put the seat back on your motorcycle. You have completed setting up the battery on your motorcycle. Make sure you take the old battery back to the motorcycle shop.
Wasn't setting up the battery on your motorcycle was easier than you thought?
Tips: Dispose of old battery properly. Connect positive and negative to correct connections. Wear work gloves-battery acid burns the skin. Do not drop the battery on the ground