Learn how to set up a receiver for Bravia Sync and begin your digital adventure. The Bravia Sync system brings you so much comfort that with just one click you can turn on multiple multimedia systems in your home. Remember that this will only work with models that allow this special feature such as Sony products.
To set up a receiver for Bravia Sync, you will need:
- Bravia Sync compatible TV
- Source Device (DVD, Blu-Ray, or game console)
- HDMI Cables
- Owner Manual
- Connect the systems to the receiver. Choose the place you want to install your TV, DVD, Blu-Ray, and Bravia Sync. These devices should not be so apart from each other so that you can save some cable space. Once you’ve decided on their locations, plug one end of the HDMI cable into the Bravia receiver input. This is located on the back of unit. Then, take the HDMI cable and connect the other end to the output of the next unit (such as your TV). Repeat this process for each multimedia system.
- Start the Bravia Sync receiver set up. Grab your Bravia remote control and push the “Power” button. To continue, press the “Sync Menu” option. Now you will see the Bravia features on the TV screen. On the remote you can use the directional keys, “Up” and “Down.” You also have to use the “Enter” key to navigate trough the menu.
- Select the right configuration. Choose “HDMI Device Selection.” Here, you will see a list of all the devices that are connected. After this step, you’ll have two options. Press “Help” if there is a device that doesn’t appear on the list or select the “Continue” option. Going back to the list, scroll up or down to select a device and press “Enter.” During this process, the Bravia Sync will automatically recognize the device. Repeat this step for each unit.
- Use the Bravia Sync Xcross Media Bar. This is a feature you will use frequently. To select it, press “Sync Menu” and select the “TV Control” option. Then, choose “Home Menu” and the Xcross Media Bar will appear on the screen.
- Turn off devices connected to the receiver. This is another action you can perform easily with your Bravia remote. Select the “Device Control” option and press “Power Off.” This is how you turn off each device.
That’s it! If you’ve followed all of these steps, you’ll have set up your multimedia systems with your Bravia Sync receiver. If you have any problems, make sure each cable is plugged in correctly.
- How To Set Up An XBOX 360
- How To Set Up A PS3
- How To Set Up A PSP
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …