Are you curious about how to set up speed dating events in your area? Becoming an organizer for speed dating events is a fun and exciting way to meet new people and to network with people in your area. Organizing the events merely takes a bit of time, planning, and persistence.
Things You'll Need:
- Speed Dating Website
- To find out how to set up speed dating, do a search online. Look at the top speed dating companies and get ideas for your own events and website. Based off of your research, figure out how you want to structure your speed dating and what will make you unique.
- Create a website that is specifically for speed dating and have it set up where your clients can use Paypal to pay for events in advance. You will need to have the site enabled to register participants in advance of the event too, so you have all of their contact information. As the event coordinator, you contact them the following day to let them know if they made a match with someone.
- Evaluate your calendar. Decide on a tentative date when you want to have your first event, and think of a rough estimate in terms of the number of people to invite. It is a good idea to give yourself three to four weeks in order to locate a venue, advertise, and to get things organized. Typically, business owners are more open to having speed dating events at their business if you plan on having it on a slow night. You do not want to plan on a super busy night at a venue because the chaos often negatively affects their normal business.
- Depending on the age group you are targeting, select a venue for the speed dating event. You can email and call restaurants and bars to find out if the manager or owner is open to the idea. If they sound interested set an appointment and go in and talk to them to discuss your idea. If you are wanting to know how to set up speed dating one thing is key. If you plan on having the speed dating begin at eight then tell people to get there at seven for cocktails. Having the cocktail hour will allow people to loosen up a bit before all the fun begins. Confirm with your contact person a date and time for the event to be at the venue. Find out what time you can arrive to set up for the speed dating.
- Write a budget outlining costs associated with the event. If you are trying to set up a speed dating event, you definitely want to have all your bases covered. You should be able to secure the use of a venue for free because the venue will make money off of sales from drinks and light appetizers. Set a price for the event so you know what to say when you begin advertising.
- Start advertising ASAP. Advertising is much easier than it used to be now that we have social networking sites like MySpace and Facebook. You can come up with a group name on one or both of those sites and send out invitations for your event. Make sure you encourage all of your close friends to come, and they can even help you set up the speed dating event. Detail an age range for the event. You do not want to have senior citizens show up if you have primarily advertised to college students. When you advertise be totally clear in terms of the age range for each speed dating event. Try to keep your first party to under 30 total people.
- Have participants email or call you so that you can reserve a spot for the them at the event, if they do not feel comfortable paying online. Obtain each person's contact info and you can confirm with them the day before the event. If the venue owner said he can accommodate 50 people you do not want to have 200 show up. If you want to know how to set up a great speed dating event having most people pre-register is key!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
Because for women, denim is truth serum.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”