How To Set Up Wii Online
If you want to make the most of your Nintendo system, you need to learn how to set up your Wii online. Learning how to set up your Wii online will let you watch YouTube videos, shop for games and browse all of your favorite websites from the comfort of your own couch. You will no longer need to go to your computer to get the best that the internet has to offer by learning how to set up your Wii online.
To learn how to set up your Wii online, you will need:
- A desktop computer
- A wireless Internet router
- A Nintendo Wii
- Set up your wireless Internet router as per the device's instructions. This will involve connecting it to your modem and your computer. Follow the instructions carefully, which may involve restarting your computer several times and waiting for your network's signal to synch up. Have patience—this step can get quite frustrating and takes the longest time out of this entire process.
- Power up your Nintendo Wii. Ensure that the sensor bar is on top of your television and your Wii Remote has fresh batteries in it. Once you get to the Wii menu, select the "Wii" button in the bottom left corner of the screen, followed by the "Wii Settings" button on the right side. After this, advance the following menu one page and click on the "Internet" tab.
- Establish your connection. Click on the first "Connection 1: None" option. Select "Wireless Connection" and then "Search for an access point." Your home network should appear on this list. Select it and enter the network security information if necessary. Click "OK," save your settings, then click, "Yes." The Wii will run a connection test at this point. If it is not successful, repeat the previous steps to ensure that everything, such as your wireless internet, is functioning properly. If the connection test is successful and the Wii asks you to download an update, be sure to do so.
- Download the "Internet Channel." Go back to the main menu and select the "Wii Shop Channel." From here, you can search for and download the "Internet" channel, which is free. You only need to do this if you want to browse the internet on your Wii. Either way, you have just set up your Wii online!
Knowing how to set up your Wii online is one of the first things you need to do when you unpack your Wii. This will allow you to make full use of your internet connection and not need to be tied down to your computer. Furthermore, with the implementation of services such as Netflix, learning how to set up Wii online will ensure the longevity of your purchase. Make the most of everything you own by following these steps to set up your Wii online.