Need to know how to set up a Wii wireless internet connection? Maybe you would like to have the ability to play your Wii console online without the headache of added wires hanging around? Setting up your Wii so that you can play online with a wireless internet connection from any room in your home is a cinch. With the proper router and setup, you will be good to go, and these instructions will show you how.
To set up a Wii wireless internet connection, you will need:
- A Wii console
- An internet connection (DSL or cable)
- A wireless router
- Make sure the Wii is turned off before you begin. Hook up the console to the wireless router. To figure out if your wireless router is compatible, make sure it is 802.11G or 802.11B, and allows for encryption of WEP and WPA/WPA 2 for security purposes.
- Once the router is hooked up to the Wii console, turn the console on. From the main menu home page, select the "Wii Options" tab, which should be in the lower left corner.
- Next, select the "Wii Settings" tab just over to the right. Click the arrow on the right and navigate to page two. Once on page two, click on the internet icon.
- Click on "Connection Settings," and then the connection labeled "1." After that, click on the wireless connection icon, and then click on the tab that states "Search for an Access Point." This allows all wireless connections in the area to be searched for and added to your Wii console connection.
- Once this is complete, locate your specific router, click on the tab and then click on "OK." If your wireless router is not listed, try repeating the previous step. You will need to click "Okay" once more, and the system will test your connection to the internet. If this test is successful, then an update might be available. Click on "Yes" to perform the system update.
- Go back to the "Wii System Settings" menu and click on the tab that states "WiiConnect24." From that list, click on the same name, WiiConnect24. Then click the option "On" and confirm the settings, and then save. Your Wii console should now be connected to your wireless internet.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.