How To Set Up Xbox Live Wireless
Learn how to set up Xbox Live wireless, so you can join the fun of playing virtually with other Xbox players. Xbox Live allows you to download games, or game add-ons, including new songs or new characters, depending on your game. With Xbox Live you can connect with friends to chat or play virtually together. Xbox Live also allows you to watch thousands of movies and TV shows, instantly.
To set up Xbox Live wireless you will need:
- Xbox 360 console
- Wireless network hardware: wireless router, gateway, or access point (WAP)
- Wireless networking adapter
- Attach the wireless networking adapter to the back of your Xbox 360 console. Snap the adapter's plastic tabs into the back of the console. Plug the USB cord into the console's USB port. Flip the networking adapter antennae to the up position.
- Unplug any network cable that is already connected to the Xbox 360 console.
- Check the wireless networking adapter light to ensure it is a solid green or red. A green light means you are connected to the network. If you have no light, the adapter is not connected properly. A green flashing light means that the adapter is still trying to connect. Red means the adapter is ready for configuration, which is the next step. If you have a red flashing light, then there is a problem that needs to be addressed by technical support.
- Turn on your Xbox console and find Systems Settings in the My Xbox menu.
- Go to Network Settings, then to Configure Network. Select Wireless mode on the basic settings tab. Then scan for networks and choose your network from the list. Enter your network password, then select done.
- On your controller press the "B" button, then choose Test Xbox Live Connection.
- Once you are connected you need to join Xbox Live. Find your avatar under My Xbox. Select Join Xbox Live. Follow the onscreen instructions.