How To Set Up Xbox Live
If you have an Xbox 360, then you must learn how set up Xbox Live. Xbox Live is a must have for all gamers. You can access Xbox Live Marketplace for free. From the Xbox Live Marketplace you can access and download free game demos, watch HD movies and TV shows, download arcade games, purchase game add-ons, get avatars and fashion for your avatars, have voice and text chat, share photos, get streaming Netflix movies, host Xbox Live parties and video chat, get early access to game demos, and get exclusive discounts.
You will need:
- An Xbox 360
- A high speed internet connection
- An Xbox 360 compatible router
- An Ethernet cable
- A Windows Live ID
- A TV
- Hook up the Xbox 360 to the TV. Make sure all of the cables are plugged in nice and tight or a blinking red light shows on the front of the Xbox 360.
- Connect the Ethernet cable to the port in the back of the Xbox 360. The other end will be plugged into the Xbox 360 compatible router. Make sure the router is connected correctly to the modem.
- Turn on the Xbox 360. Go to My Xbox and select System Settings. From there select Network Settings. Go to Test Xbox LIVE Connection. If Xbox Live is working you will see a screen that confirms you are connected.
- Now that you are connected to the network, select your avatar to start the process of setting up Xbox Live. Now go to Join Xbox LIVE. You will then be directed through some onscreen instructions that will guide you through the process of creating your Xbox Live account. You will need a Windows Live ID in order to set up your Xbox Live account. You will also get the option to choose whether to have a paid or free subscription. Then you can set up your gamer profile and start taking advantage of the benefits of Xbox Live.