You have just purchased a digital converter, and you need to know how to setup a Magnavox digital converter. If you have an older analog TV that does receive a digital signal through the antenna on your roof, then you will need a digital converter. Setting up a Magnavox digital converter will allow you to receive a digital signal so that you can clearly view your television. It is quite easy to set up a digital converter and can be done by following a few basic steps.
To set up a Magnavox digital converter you need:
- Magnavox digital converter
- coaxial cables
- Unscrew the coaxial cable from your television. First, unscrew the black or white coaxial cable that screws into the back of your television. Once you have unscrewed the coaxial cable from your TV, screw it into the back of your Magnavox digital converter box. Make sure to screw it in the side that says "From Antenna".
- Connect the coaxial cable to your digital box and TV. Take another coaxial cable and screw one end to the back of your television where it says "Antenna". It is the same place where you removed the first cable. Take the other end of the cable and plug it into the Magnavox digital converter box where it says "To TV".
- Power up your equipment. Plug the converter into an electrical outlet in your wall. Press the power to turn the digital converter on as well as to power up your television.
- Setup the digital channels. Search for channels by accessing the setup menu from your digital converter remote. Look for the option that does channel search, to search and find all the channels that you now have. Once the search is complete, you have now set up your Magnavox digital converter. All of your channels are now digital, and in addition to having crystal clear channels you may also have few more channels than you had before.