Need to know how to sew patches on a leather jacket? Patches can make a leather jacket look pretty darn cool. You can turn a plain leather jacket into one that is super hip and trendy. The patches you select can transform the entire look of the jacket. A trend amongst motorcyclists is wearing patches on their jackets. These patches often symbolize where they are from or have traveled to. They may represent awards received or to honor a special event or occasion. Patches may even be in honor of a loved one. Whatever you decide, select patches that match your unique individual style.
In order to sew patches on a leather jacket, you will need:
- Leather jacket
- Sewing machine
- Lay the jacket on a flat surface. Place the patches on the jacket to decide where you want to position them. Experiment with what look you like best. Add as few or as many as you like.
- Use the tape to hold the patches in place. You are going to want to tear off a small piece of tape. Fold it back so the two ends overlap, sticky side facing up. You then place the tape on the jacket where you want the patch to be. Apply the patch, pushing down on the tape.
- Prepare your sewing machine. To sew leather, you need a heavy thread and needle. The larger the number on the needle, the heavier it is.
- Place your leather jacket under the sewing machine. Slowly stitch the patch to the leather jacket using a straight or zig-zag stitch. Work slowly and carefully since maneuvering the jacket through the machine may be difficult for someone with sewing experience. You can also hand stitch the patches to the jacket, but be sure to use a very heavy needle and strong thread.
- Once the patches are sewn, trim the loose ends of the thread. You are now ready to show off your biker-chic new leather jacket with patches!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?