Learning how to sew a pillowcase doll is easy and they make wonderful gifts. Hanky, pillowcase, and other rag dolls were created for little girls so they could take their dolls to church and if they dropped them, it would not interrupt the sermons. The dolls are a great way to preserve a favorite pillow case from your childhood or one that was received as a wedding gift. They are perfect for that special daughter, mom and or grandma. The special little girl in your life will love cuddling the lightweight doll and ladies of all ages adore displaying the precious works of art. With a few simple tips and basic materials, you can make your own special pillowcase doll.
To make your pillowcase doll, you will need:
- Bath Towel
- 2 Rubber bands
- (Optional) Paints
- (Optional) Embroidery thread
- (Optional) Doll face transfer
- (Optional) Hat or Bonnet
- Choose A pillow case. You can choose a special pillowcase from your Grandma's attic, a plain white, an embroidered one, or even a child’s favorite. If you want to make your pillow look antique, you can take a plain white pillowcase and soak it in a pot of tea for an hour or so and let it dry before going to the next step.
- Iron pillowcase. Lay the pillowcase out flat on a table or ironing board and iron out any wrinkles.
- Prepare your doll body. Fold towel in half and roll tight, forming the doll body. Use rubber band or ribbon to tie off one end of the towel, about three inches from the end. This will form the doll’s head.
- Make doll head. Place the towel inside the pillowcase with the head centered along the top seam. Gather the seam around the knotted portion of the towel, and tie ribbon securely under the head. Make a bow with the ribbon.
- Make doll arms. Gather the top corner of the pillowcase and tie a knot for the arm. Take the other corner of the pillowcase and tie exactly the same way to form the doll's other arm.
- Make hands. To make hands, tie ribbon about an inch from the tip of each corner of the arms..
- You can leave your doll plain and simple or you can adorn her by painting, embroidering, or stamping the dress of the doll, and you can add a face by using doll face transfers or painting. You can also add a hat or bonnet.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!