How To Sew A Scarf
Learning how to sew a scarf is quite simple. Depending on the type of machinery you have, it can only take a few moments. However, sewing a scarf by hand won't take too long either. A basic scarf is fun for most times of the year. They also have standard hems. Whatever level of expertise you may have with sewing, the standard scarf hem takes no time at all. Its easy and simple. They can make excellent Christmas gifts or stocking stuffers for friends, family, and co-workers.
You Will Need:
- 1/4 to 1/2 yard of fabric
- sewing machine
- rolling hem
- ironing board
- Cut the fabric It is best to cut the fabric about 1 inch longer and wider than the length of the scarf that you want. This will allow room for sewing the hem.
- Fold one of the edges of the fabric over 1/4 inch. Fold this in the direction of the wrong side of the fabric. Fold it over an additional 1/4 inch. This is prevent any raveling.
- Preheat the iron. Depending on the scarf fabric, will decipher the temperature chosen. For example, using a silk material will result in using a lower temperature..
- Press and fold the edge of the scarf flat. Stitch the folded edge of the fabric using a loop pattern. Its usually best to use a thread that matches the fabric you are using. However, making the thread "pop" can be an interesting idea as well.
- Repeat the same process for the remainder of the edges.