So, you want to know how to shave a landing strip beard? And no, this has nothing to do with what happens when your girlfriend gets a bikini wax. A man’s landing strip beard is a style of facial hair, also called a soul patch (although a soul patch is shorter) or chin strip. A landing strip beard begins at the top of the groove just under the bottom lip and is extended in a fairly narrow line to the bottom of the chin. Some celebrities seen sporting a landing strip beard are Olympic skater Apolo Anton Ohno (with the soul patch variation) and George Michael.
To shave a landing strip beard, you will need:
- Beard trimmer
- Barber’s scissors
- Wide-toothed comb
- Fine-toothed comb (if you have a mustache too)
- Magnifying glass
- Take the trimmer and set it on the closest shave setting. Now shave off all of the excess beard down to within an inch or so on either side of the chin strip.
- Use the comb to comb your beard down so it lies as flat as possible.
- Using the trimmer, trim from one side just slightly and then do the same on the other side. Do this until you have the width you want the landing strip beard to be.
- Now, trim the length of the beard with the barber scissors and a comb taking off just a little at a time until it is the length you prefer.
- Use the magnifying glass to find any stray hairs and shave them off.
- If you are wearing a mustache with a landing strip beard, then comb down your mustache with the fine-toothed comb and trim it along the bottom, starting from the center and going out to one side. Then start again in the middle and trim out the other side. You can use a beard trimmer or scissors for this task.
When you shave a landing strip beard, it is better to go slowly and take off less hair at one time than to speed things up and make a mistake.
Be sure your beard is dry. If you trim your landing strip beard when it is wet it will be shorter when it dries and may not look the way you intended.
Do not trim the top of a mustache. It will look strange.
When you shave a landing strip beard, it is a commitment since you are cutting off most of your facial hair. If you are considering shaving your entire beard off, this might be a good intermediate step.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.