How To Shave Pubic Hair
The thought of having a hair free region sounds good to most guys, but figuring out how to shave pubic hair down there with so much sensitive skin can be hard. With a few easy products, and a couple of simple steps, you can safely shave with out having to worry about painful nicks, or irritating razor rash.
To shave pubic hair, you will need:
- shaving oil
- shaving gel or cream
- a fresh razor
- a hot shower, or bath
- a small pair of scissors
- The first thing you want to do is trim the hair. You don't want your razor to have to work through really long hair, so trim the length down so your razor does not have to work over time.
- Next, either take a hot shower or bath, or as warm as you like. Try and relax in the water for around ten minutes before starting to shave, letting the warm water soften the hair follicles so its easier to shave.
- Dab a bit of shaving oil on your skin, not the genitals, to allow a slick barrier between the razor and skin. This will cut down on razor burn, and ingrown hairs which can be very uncomfortable in such a sensitive area.
- After the oil, smear some shaving gel, or cream over the area you plan on shaving. They make shaving gel specifically for men in this area, or you can choose any your comfortable with.
- Make sure you have a fresh razor to shave with. A dull blade can cause nicks and cuts to happen, and you don't want the sting of a cut in that area. Shave in the direction of the hair first, then pull the skin taught and shave once more in the opposite direction of the hair growth. Try and let that be the only strokes over your skin, too much shaving in one area is going to irritate the skin, causing a rash or possible cuts.
- Rinse the area thoroughly and pat dry. Try and not rub the towel over the area as the skin is very sensitive after shaving it, so give your skin time to calm down from being shaved.
Having all your products with in reach and laid out will make the process go by faster, and allow you to not have to jump around the bathroom looking for something you forgot. Follow the steps and make sure to remember the skin is very sensitive down there, so take your time and be more gentle then you would with your facial hair.