Need to know how to shave softball bats? By keeping some basic guidelines in mind, you can learn the process of shaving softball bats. Shaving softball bats removes the inner walls of the bat, increasing the rebound between the bat and ball when hit, resulting in increased ball distance. You'll be hitting home runs in no time. Just don't tell your teammates how you did it, or they'll be asking you to shave their bats, too!
To shave a softball bat, you will need:
- A wooden bat
- A screw driver
- A turning lathe
- A turning bar
- Epoxy resin or multi-purpose glue
- A heat gun
- Use pliers or a screwdriver to remove the end cap of the softball bat. If you can't remove the cap using one of these tools, heat the bat slightly with a heat gun, which will allow the cap of the softball bat to be easily removed.
- Secure the bat on a turning lathe. Once the bat has been securely mounted on the lathe, a turning bar will be used to remove a specific amount of material from the inside wall of the bat.
- Once the desired amount of material has been removed from the inside of the bat, reattach the bat cap. Use epoxy resin or a multi-purpose glue to attach it securely back into place.
- Test out the softball bat to determine if the results meet your needs. It is essential that when shaving a softball bat, you only remove small portions at a time. This way, if you need to shave more, you always can, but if you take off too much it is difficult to replace.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …