How To Shave Your Privates
Whether you getting ready for a hot date or just want to wear a bikini, you may want to know how to shave your privates. Shaving your privates is a good way to give yourself a neat and tidy appeal. However, when you shave your privates you will need to exercise extreme caution. Razor burn or cuts on the private area can be excruciatingly painful.
To shave your privates, you will need:
- Shaving gel
- A new or sharp razor
- Moisturizing aftershave lotion
- A mirror
- A friend or partner to help
- Get prepared. Before you shave your private area you will want to take a bath or shower. A bath or shower will help soften the skin and make shaving go much more smoothly.
- Begin shaving. Cover your private area in a thin layer of shaving lotion or gel. This helps prepare the area to be shaved and makes the razor glide smoothly over the skin. Make sure you are using a new razor. An old razor can drag and cause razor burn or it can carry bacteria and cause an infection on a cut or raw skin. Shave your private area in the direction of hair growth. Shaving in the opposite direction can cause irritation and razor burn. Use the mirror for those hard to reach areas or have a partner or friend help.
- Repeat if needed. After the shaving is complete, rinse with warm water and check for missed areas. Add more shaving lotion or gel to the area and repeat if needed.
- Apply aftershave lotion. Once your private area is rinsed and dried, apply a moisturizing lotion. This will help moisturize the skin and help prevent razor burn around your shaved private area.