The key to shining gold is cleaning it properly. If a piece of gold jewelry is clean it will shine like it is brand new. You make gold shine just like you would any other type or jewelry.
What you need to shine gold:
- Baking soda
- Dry soft cloth
- Begin by cleaning your gold the right way. The biggest reason gold doesn't shine anymore is because it is dirty. When dirt and grime cakes on the gold it looks very dull. To make gold shine you can choose from a couple of different products that you have around the house to get it clean again.
- Toothpaste and baking soda make gold shine bright. That's right! You should have one of these cleaning products around the house. Both work equally as well when you want to make gold shine again. Pick which one is more convenient for you.
- Get a toothbrush. A toothbrush is a great way to get the grime out of the grooves in your gold. Apply the product of your choice to the toothbrush and scrub the gold clean. If you have a larger piece of gold that you are trying to shine, periodically rinse off the toothbrush and use more product.
- Rinse the gold off in water. Now that you have scrubbed off all the dirt and grime that made your gold dull, rinse the gold off under clean water. You may have to use the toothbrush to get the cleaning product out of any grooves in the gold. Watch your gold shine!
- If your gold has tarnishing spots on it you want WD-40. This product has many uses. WD-40 works beautifully on all metals. This is a one-step process. Simply spray the WD-40 directly on the gold and let it set for a few minutes. Rinse it off under clean water and your gold will shine brightly.
- Buff the gold to make it shine. Well, the cleaning process is done. To get the best shine to the gold, get a dry soft cloth and buff the metal. Use a circular motion and rub all around the gold until you have covered all areas just like you would if you were polishing shoes. Tada! Shiny gold!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …