How To Ship A Boat
Are you wondering how to ship a boat? Many companies exist that will ship your boat. Research possible carriers before contacting them for a price. An illegal carrier will not save you a buck. Look for a company that is licensed, insured and bonded. Online price estimators are also available in order to gauge how much it will cost to ship your boat to the destination of your choice. To ship your boat keep these tips in mind.
- Your title will be needed. Make sure you have complete documentation. Contact the company and ask what additional papers may be needed.
- Permits and required escorts. See if these services come as part of a package or if this will require additional money and time on your part.
- Will you need to alter or purchase additional insurance? This may come in a package deal absorbed on the shipper's end for a cost. But always inquire before purchasing additional insurance.
- Towing and transport services. Find out beforehand if towing is included in the price or if you need to arrange for a tow to and from the port of departure.
- Warehousing. Will you need storage? Check to see if the company you choose to ship with has storage should you need it.
- Check into hauling companies. Hauling companies will ship boats. These companies will ship your boat to any destination for a fee.
- Transport companies will ship boats. These companies have bidders bid for the job. If there is extra cargo space a company may take your boat along with their load. This will give you a competitive rate for shipping your boat, plus the option to accept or reject the bid.