How To Ship Wine
By keeping some basic guidelines in mind, you can learn how to ship wine. Wine is a drink that is growing in popularity. And with more and more vineyards popping up, it is no surprise that people want to send bottles of wine to their friends. By packing it properly, you can ensure that it arrives at its intended destination safe and sound, and in one piece.
- The most important step when shipping wine is to find out if the state where the intended wine is going will allow the transportation of alcohol. As this is not permitted in some states, be sure to contact a local postal worker before even attempting to ship the bottle.
- Purchase a wooden box specially designed for wine. As wine bottles traditionally come in varying sizes and shapes, be sure to bring the dimensions of your bottle in order to find the box that will work best.
- Wrap the bottle snugly in tissue paper or bubble wrap. Place it into the wooden box that you purchased earlier, and close the lid tightly. Next, place the wooden wine box into a cardboard box, and secure it tightly with duct or other sturdy types of tape.
- Write your address in the upper left-hand corner of the box. Next, place the address of the intended receiver in the middle of the face of the box. Be sure to write clearly and use a thick, dark marker and pen in order to ensure a clear view.
- Consider buying the USPS shippers' insurance. This can offer some condolence in the case of an accidental break.