How To Shoot A European Football
It is easy to learn how to shoot a European football, or soccer ball as it is also called, once you know the proper technique. Practice is the key when it comes to shooting a European football, so take your time and get your technique down. If you have friends who play soccer, have them come along when you practice, so you can watch how they kick the ball.
Things You Need:
- European football (soccer ball)
- Appropriate footwear
- There are many way to shoot a European football. You can kick the ball low, use some loft, or try to make it curve. The easiest way to shoot a European football is by kicking it with the inside of your strongest foot. You will also need to be able to shoot with your weaker foot, so practice with both feet in order to become a better player.
- Place the European football on the ground, and take a few steps back. To shoot the ball, slowly trot towards it and place your plant foot to the side of the ball. Keep your head down, and kick the ball with your shooting foot. Follow through once you make contact with the European football, and then lift your head once your shooting foot lands on the ground.
- Aim the European football when you kick it. During a game, you will have to try and shoot the ball where the goalkeeper is not, so practice aiming the ball when you kick. Put some power behind your kicks when you shoot, which will make it easier to score a goal.
- Practice shooting a European football with different spins. Once you can kick the ball straight, try to add more spin to the ball. It will take awhile to master the art of curving the ball, so do not get frustrated if you are making slow progress. Experiment with your follow through, and where you position your plant foot during the kick. Eventually you will be able to kick a European soccer ball the way you want.