How To Shoot A Lacrosse Ball
By keeping some basic guidelines in mind, you can learn about how to shoot a lacrosse ball. While lacrosse is often considered to be one of the most difficult sports to master, shooting a lacrosse ball successfully is most challenging of all. In order to become proficient at shooting a lacrosse ball, athletes must be prepared to put plenty of time and hard work into the sport.
- Make sure that you are holding the lacrosse stick correctly. For best results, it should be held with the dominant hand approximately in the middle of the stick, with the less dominant hand about four inches from the end of the stick. Be sure to grip the stick firmly in order to have the best control.
- Twist your body. Bring your waist, hips, torso and shoulders as far backwards as possible. This allows lacrosse players to get a great wind up.
- Lift your front elbow. Doing so will ensure that you will not drop the ball down too far as you shoot. In addition, following this tip allows you to use your elbow as a great shooting reference point.
- Prepare to shoot. Twist your body back quickly to its original position, and bring your weight forward. Extend your arms as much as possible towards the goal, snapping your wrists to release the ball.
- Practice shooting the ball. As stated above, lacrosse is a difficult sport. In order to become great at shooting a lacrosse ball, you need to spend plenty of time practicing the sport.