How To Shoot The Perfect Jump Shot
Understanding how to shoot the perfect jump shot can take some time. Basketball is not something that you just wake up one day and decide to do. Great basketball players like Kobe and Michael Jordan practice day and day out just to get their jump shots perfect. There is a certain amount of skill that you need to make jump shots and the rest just comes from practice. Picking and sticking with a strategy that works best for you will help you with your jump shots. Therefore, here are a few strategies that will help you to shoot the perfect jump shot.
- Pre-game Stretch. When you are about to attempt something as important as a jump shot it is best that your body is kept loose. You can do this by stretching out your whole entire body.
- Align your feet. Line your feet up so that they are facing the basket and are no more than shoulder width apart. You do not want your feet to be too far apart or too close because this can hinder your chances of making the perfect jump shot.
- Grip the ball with both hands. Place one hand on each side of the ball and grip the ball with your fingers facing away from you. Your fingers should be spread out on the ball so that the ball stays in your hands until you actually release it.
- Jump upwards. Bend your knees and use the energy in your legs and feet to jump as high as you can upwards.
- Follow through. When you release the ball from your hands make sure that your hands follow it. Your wrists should bend backwards slightly and then forwards as you release the ball and complete your perfect jump shot.