How To Shop With Coupons
Most people know that coupons are a great way to save money on groceries but they do not know how to shop with coupons. If you need to save money on groceries, there are certain things you should do to save the most money possible with your coupons. Here is how.
- Find coupons for products that you use before you go to the store. Check your local Sunday paper and online for a variety of coupons. Having a wide variety of coupons will help make sure you have the coupon that you need whenever you need it. So collect those coupons now.
- Match coupons you have with sales at your local grocery stores. Always look in your local sales fliers to see if the coupons you have will match up with the sales in your area. For example, if you see canned soup is on sale two for $1 at Kroger and you have a coupon for $.50 off two cans of that brand of soup, use your coupon at that store to get a great deal. Combining the coupons you have with sales is one of the best ways to make the most of your coupons.
- Organize your coupons so you know what you have. You do not want to be searching for coupons while you are in line at the grocery store, so find a way to organize your coupons that works for you. Many people simply use a small accordion file that is labeled for different types of coupons.
- See if you can get your coupons doubled or tripled at your grocery stores. There are many grocery store chains that will double and triple the amount of coupons up to a certain dollar amount. This is a great way to save even more. So do a quick search to see if any stores in your area do this.
- Make sure to read the fine print of your coupons before you purchase an item. The wording and pictures on coupons can be deceptive, so be sure to look closely before you start picking up items. Nothing is more frustrating than getting to the register only to find your coupon will not work on the item in your cart.
- Use different types of coupons on the same product to save the most money possible. Many people do not know that you can combine manufacturer coupons with e-coupons and in store coupons to save even more. So do research before you leave home to see if other types of coupons are available on different products.
- Stock up on an item when you can get it cheap. Coupons for items tend to rotate every three months, so buy for at least that amount of time when you find a great deal. By doing so you will never have to pay full price for groceries again.