How To Shop For A Sleeping Bag Polyester Liner
If you’re going camping and want either extra warmth in cold weather or an ultra light sleeping bag for those hot summer nights, you need to know how to shop for a sleeping bag polyester liner. The new high-tech polyester liners wick away moisture and improve insulating factors of your sleeping bag. In fact, many of these liners are perfect on their own for hot weather.
- Determine what shape you need. You’ll need to match your liner to the shape of your sleeping bag, which should be either rectangle or mummy style.
- Determine what conditions you’ll be using your liner in. Some fabrics increase insulation factors by five to fifteen degrees, while others increase temps up to 30 degrees. This is an important factor if you’re planning to camp in the cold.
- Do you need insect protection? Some liners offer insect shielding properties to keep out mosquitoes and other biting insects.
- How much do you want to spend? There are cheap polyester liners, and then there are more expensive polyester blends with high tech properties that protect you from moisture and resist mold or mildew, making the chore of cleaning your sleeping bag easier.
- Check both in store specials and online sales for the best price. Once you pick the specifics of your bag liner, shop around for the best price. Just be sure to allow enough time for shipping before your trip if you order online.
The benefits of a sleeping bag liner are numerous. If you’re new to camping, don’t underestimate how important these factors can be to an enjoyable camping experience.