How to Shrink Levi's 501 Jeans
If you want to learn how to shrink Levi’s 501 jeans, look no further. These classic jeans are known for their comfortable fit and durability, but if they’re too big and you can’t exchange them, your best bet is to shrink them. Follow these steps to shrink your Levi’s 501 jeans to a better fit.
- Mild laundry detergent or denim wash
- 1 c. white vinegar
- Fabric softener sheet
- Fill up your washing machine with warm water and add detergent and vinegar. If your jeans are a super dark color, just use cold water. The vinegar will help soften the fabric and keep your Levi’s from fading in the wash.
- Add your Levi's to the wash inside out. This will prevent wear and tear on the surface material due to rivets and zippers catching on the fabric. Always wash your 501 jeans separate from other clothing since the color can stain other items.
- Place your Levi’s 501 jeans in the dryer along with a fabric softener sheet. Set the temperature to medium or high. The heat will help shrink your jeans to a better fit.
- Washing jeans in warm water and drying on temperatures higher than low can reduce the life of your jeans, but it will shrink them.
- You may need to shrink your jeans each time you wear them. If you don’t feel like washing them every time, simply place them in the dryer on medium with a fabric softener sheet. This will shrink your Levi’s 501 jeans and remove some wrinkles.