For any individual that wants to learn how to shrink a polyester suit, the steps to take are rather simple. Shrinking clothing can be done for many reasons. The most common reason is that a person has merely lost weight. If this is the case, shrinking clothing can be a great way to avoid buying all new clothes, especially if you like your old clothes or simply don’t want to spend the money. All you need to do is follow a few minor, simple steps.
Things you'll need:
- Polyester suit to be washed
- Washing machine
- Dryer (optional; air-drying can work as well)
- Cold water
- Read the label of the suit. Make sure that it is defiantly a major composition of polyester.
- Once you are sure of the polyester content, the next thing to do is to submerge the suit in a washing machine of cold. The water should be a chilled temperature of no more than 45 degrees.
- It may take more than one wash cycle. The first wash cycle that you put the suit through may shrink the suit half a size or so, but the next few cycles may be less. Just make sure you try the suit on after every wash.
- Dry on a hot setting once the suit has had a few hours to air dry. Air drying is not a necessity, but it may help make the suit appear less wrinkled once it is finished.
- Repeat step two until the suit is the size you need. If you need a size reduction of more than two or three sizes, this process may take as many as seven to eight washes. At the point of the fourth wash, make sure you allow a day between each following wash to avoid permanent wrinkling.
Once these steps are followed until the suit is shrunk to the correct size, make sure it fits as it did when you first bought it. In some cases, it may require some additional alterations, but for the most part, this should be all you need to do to shrink polyester.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.