Polyester table linens that are slightly over-sized can leave you wondering how to shrink polyester table linens if you are not a fan of sewing to make alterations. Polyester can be tough to shrink without causing damage, and even then it only shrinks a little bit- if at all. When polyester gets hot enough to shrink it can begin to melt and then brittleness and cracking tend to be the result. If your table linens are made of a cotton-polyester blend or a rayon-polyester blend you will have the a better chance of successfully shrinking the table linens than you would if they are 100 percent polyester.
The things you need to shrink polyester table linens are:
- Washing machine
- Laundry detergent (optional)
- Hot water
- Steamer (optional)
The steps to follow to shrink polyester table linens are:
- Place the table linens in the washing machine. If you are adding detergent pour it under the water's fill spout on the washing machine. It is up to you if you want to use detergent or not because detergent is not necessary for shrinking the table linens.
- Set the washing machine to fill with hot water. Turn the washing machine on and let it run through its wash and rinse cycles.
- Put the linens in the dryer and run the dryer on high heat. Remove the linens and smooth them out as soon as the dryer stops but do not pull or stretch on the polyester fabric while it is hot.
- Hang the table linens over the shower rod if they still need to shrink a little bit more. Use the steamer by passing it about three inches from the polyester surface using a slow and smooth continuous motion.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
You might be little spoon or perhaps a Belieber. Or, if you’re lucky, one popular country star.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Why Most Men Should Never Wear Timberlands
Unless you're doing some sort of manual labor, say goodbye to these boots.