Is the sweatshirt that you just got a little too large, but you don't want to take it back? Don't worry, it is possible to shrink your sweatshirt down to a better fit. Just follow these easy instructions:
What you'll need:
- detergent, preferably color-safe
- Look at the label. Take a look at the label of your sweatshirt before you begin the process of shrinking it. Does it say 100% cotton? If it does — and most sweatshirts will — then you are in luck! Sweatshirts made with 100% cotton shrink relatively easily compared to those made with a percentage of synthetic fibers. If your sweatshirt is not 100% cotton, then you can try the process below, but you may not get the same amount of shrinkage as you would with 100 % cotton sweatshirts.
- Load the washer. Put your sweatshirt in the washer with the recommended amount of detergent. It is best to use color-safe detergent for this process to avoid fading. Fill the washer with hot water and wash the sweatshirt. The hot water will shrink the sweatshirt.
- Load the dryer. After the sweatshirt has been washed in hot water, dry the sweatshirt in the dryer at the hottest setting available for your appliance. Dry the sweatshirt until it is completely dry. The hot air from the dryer will shrink the sweatshirt even more.
- Check the results. Remove the sweatshirt from the dryer, and check your results. If the sweatshirt has not shrunk to your desired size, repeat the process one more time.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.
21 Hairstyles Women Love
Female experts reveal the ’dos that drive them wild.