By keeping some basic guidelines in mind, you can learn how to size cowboy boots. While cowboy boots are often used as a function piece of everyday work wear, they can also be used for special occasions. The perfectly sized cowboy boot will last you for years!
- Identify what socks you typically use when wearing cowboy boots. Bring these to a boot store after the end of a long day.
- Select two large hardcover books. With you foot placed firmly on the floor, set the books on either side of your foot. Make sure the cowboy boots are thick enough that you can place a ruler or measuring tape over them, and your foot won't be touched. Carefully measure the distance between the books, taking care to be as accurate as possible.
- Reposition the books. This time, one of them should be touching your heel, and the other one should be touching your toes. Use the same method as employed in step two to determine the length of your foot.
- Use the measurements obtained and a boot size chart to determine what size of cowboy boot would be best for you. When in doubt, a larger size is always better than one too small. Use the resources attached to determine what size boot would fit you best.
- Try on a wide variety of boots before making a final decision. Cowboy boots will vary is comfort level depending on the manufacturer. Therefore, it is important to try on several before choosing the one you think is best.
By Charley A. Prescott During the harsh days of fall and winter, it's only natural to want to battle the frigid, unfo ...
Retire your sneakers for the season and pick up durable footwear that offers protection from the elements without compro ...
13 Most Stylish Boots to Buy Now