It is so important finding the right pair of jeans to make you look your best at all times, so you need to know how to size jeans correctly. Whether you wear mens or womens jeans, most people have a hard time finding good fitting jeans. They are either too big in the waist, and fit in the leg, or too big in the leg, but fit in the waist, or just too small or to big overall. With correct measurements and a guideline there is a way to figure out how to find a decent pair of good fitting jeans.
In order to size jeans you will need:
- a measuring tape (flexible)
- your favorite pair of jeans
- size chart
- Measure your waist comfortably with a flexible measuring tape. Find the crease of your waist by bending to one side, and use that crease to measure around your belly button as a guide to measure your waste. To measure your lower waist, measure about two to three inches below your normal waistline.
- Measure your hips. With your feet together, circle the tape around the fullest part of your body, between your waist and the top of your thighs. This is about seven to eight inches below your waistline.
- Measure your inseam from your crotch seam down to the bottom of the leg.
- Measure your favorite pair of jeans. Double the circumference of the waist and hip measurements .The waist measurement is done across the waist where you button the jeans. The hips measurement is done horizontally across the jeans, one to two inches above the bottom of the zipper. The inseam is measured from the crotch seam down to the hem.
- Use the larger of the two measurements from your body and your jeans to give you a good idea of the most accurate measurements to size your jeans.
- Find your jean size on a size chart. Compare your measurements with a size chart (can be found online) to see exactly where you fall with your jean size.
- Shop for your new pair of jeans and enjoy the comfort and good fit!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...