How To Size Protec Snowboard Helmets
Do you want to know how to size Pro-Tec snowboard helmets? Helmets are the most important safety device in snowboarding. They prevent excessive stress on the neck in the event of a fall, and they also protect your head against any other object around while you fly down the hill. But if the helmet is not the right size, it´s protective capabilities are dramatically reduced.
What you need to size Pro-Tec snowboard helmets:
- A measuring tape.
- A Pro-Tec sizing chart. It´s available at the company website.
The steps to size Pro-Tec snowboard helmets:
- Measure the circumference of your head half an inch above your eyebrows and ears. The measuring tape must be perfectly horizontal. If you don´t have a measuring tape, use a shoelace or any cord, and then measure the length of the cord.
- Go online to the Pro-Tec website, and check the sizing chart. Just follow the "Size Chart" link located above the specs of any of the helmets on the site.
- Compare your head measurement to the left column figures. That way, you´ll find the Pro-Tec snowboard helmet size that matches your head size.
- You might want to try the helmet on before you buy it. Regardless of how certain you are of the size of your head, some people prefer the helmet to be a little larger and others a little smaller than their nominal size, so if you have the chance, try on the helmet before you buy it.
Pro-Tec offers a wide variety of models, so try them on until you find the right one for your head. Size is only one of the specs that must be taken care of to find the right Pro-Tec snowboard helmet for you.