How To Skateboard With No Videos
Learning how to skateboard with no videos is indeed a process that requires much devotion and effort. Like with any other sport, practice is essential to your success. The following is how to skateboard with no videos.
- First, purchase a trusty skateboard that you are happy with. Also buy pads and a helmet, as you are going to be taking some spills as you start to begin to learn to board on your own.
- Next, practice. Do it as much as you can, and give it all of the effort that you can muster. You should begin by placing one foot, facing forward, on the board, and use the other to propel yourself by kicking off of the ground. Start slow, and work your way up.
- Keep doing this, as it will improve the balance that you will need to operate the board. Practice seeing how far you can get without losing your balance. Then, begin to learn to slow yourself using the friction with board and ground when you tilt the board.
- Next, once you have mastered this balance, and you are able to move in a straight direction with little difficulty, begin to practice turning. You will need to be able to lean your body for mild turns, and you will need to reposition the board for sharp turns. Practice skating and turning at the same time; for this, you will need to reposition your feet so that the one used to propel yourself is also on the board, facing to the side.
- Work on this until you can do it with no trouble. Once you have mastered balance, control of the board, control of speed, and turning (quick turns make for the best stops), you have gotten basic skateboarding down, and you may begin to try tricks.
Learning how to skateboard with no videos to guide you throughout the process is difficult, time consuming, and certainly frustrating on occasion, but once you get it down, which you will if you keep at it, it is all worthwhile.