How To Skydive Safely
Learning how to skydive safely is important if you are going to take on this exhilarating daredevil sport. There are several common sense rules that are necessary to ensure your safety. Follow these tips on how to skydive safely to make sure you have a great time.
- Be aware of the risks. There are approximately 35 skydiving deaths per year. This is an extreme sport and it is important to be aware that even when you skydive safely, you are taking on the risk of injury or death. While the risk of something going wrong is low, it does exist, and you need to be comfortable with it.
- Pay careful attention during your ground training course. Not only does this course prepare you for the mandatory oral and written tests you must take before skydiving, it also gives you the information you need to skydive safely. The information you are receiving can save your life if something goes wrong.
- Find out what sorts of hazards there are in the area where you are skydiving. To skydive safely, it's important to know about hazards you may encounter where you are skydiving like trees, rivers and power lines.
- Do not consume alcohol or drugs before skydiving. It is impossible to skydive safely while under the influence. So, no shot of alcohol for courage and no weed to mellow you out. And, seriously, free-falling from a plane will be enough of a sensation.
- Do not skydive with a head cold. You can rupture an eardrum if you do. Antihistamines may dull your reaction time, so, they are not an option. Just wait until you are well enough to skydive safely, and then go for it.