How To Slow Down The Aging Process
Knowing how to slow down the aging process means you practice good health habits regularly. There is no magic elixir you can buy that will reverse aging. However, when you do certain essential things, you will not age as quickly as you would otherwise. You will look and feel younger and more vibrant naturally.
- Stop smoking, or never start smoking. Don’t drink to excess. If you drink, keep your alcohol intake to two drinks or less each day. This will help mitigate the aging process.
- Exercise regularly. Do a combination of cardio and strength exercise routines. Exercise at least three days a week to slow down aging.
- Eat a low fat, high fiber diet. Eat lean proteins, fresh fruits and vegetables, and whole grains. Avoid processed foods that have chemicals, salt, sugar and saturated fats as much as you can.
- Drink plenty of plain water every day. Drink at least eight glasses of water throughout the day to slow down aging. If it’s hot, or you are exercising, drink even more.
- Get enough sleep every night. Go to bed and rise in the morning at the same time every day. Get in a good sleep routine where you get eight hours every night to help stop the aging process.
- Relax and destress. Laugh at the little things. Take time out to do what you enjoy, spend time with those you love and rejuvenate your attitude.
- Take a multi-vitamin with minerals each day. Use a vitamin pill as an insurance policy. Take one so that you definitely get the essentials you need.
- Wear moisturizer with sunscreen on your face every day. Apply this to protect your skin from sun damage and slow down aging. Wear it even if you are a guy.
- See your doctor. Get a yearly check up. Go to the doctor as needed, and follow all of her directions.
Don’t fall for gimmicks and fads to keep yourself young. Save your money for things that really matter.