How to Slow Down Aging Process
There are many different ways to know how to slow down the aging process. Physically, you can alter your diet, lifestyle, and certain habits. Mentally you can keep your brain active and challenged, de-stress, and learn how to renew the inner energy that keeps you young.
Some of the items you may need for this strategy include:
- B vitamin complex
- CoQ10 supplements
- Fish oil supplements
- Green tea extract supplements
- DHEA supplements
Slow down aging physically:
DIET - The old saying “you are what you eat” is true. Think about it. Your body turns the food you eat into skin, organ tissue, and energy. So if you eat a diet of fat, processed foods, and sugar, what are you giving your body to work with? A very simple rule of thumb for diet is: eat more live foods. Live foods are raw fruits, raw vegetables and whole grains. The more natural the state the food is in, the more nutrients you’re giving your body to convert to healthy cells. You can still have your meat, but just try to cut down on red meat. Eating more grilled chicken and fish along with living foods will definitely help to slow down the aging process.
- NUTRITIONAL SUPPLEMENTS - No anti-aging regimen would be complete without nutritional supplements. Invest in high quality multiple vitamins. Anti-oxidants will nourish cells and slow down oxidation, the main cause of aging. B complex, CoQ10, fish oil, and green tea extract are all giants in the world of antioxidants. DHEA is a hormone that reverses the aging process. The book titled "DHEA and Aging" provides scientific evidence for the many anti-aging effects of DHEA.
- EXERCISE - Physical exercise plays a key role in slowing down the aging process. Some benefits of exercise include increased energy, improved muscle tone (you won’t throw your back out anymore), increased metabolism (easier to lose weight and keep it off), lowered blood pressure, reduced risk of heart attack, and reduced stress levels. Exercise can be anything that keeps you moving, from intensive weight training to just walking the dog every day.
Slow down aging mentally:
- EXERCISE - Mental exercises are just as important as your physical workouts for aging well. Staying mentally sharp will reduce your risk of Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia. Ways to work your brain can be as simple as doing a puzzle every day, or as complicated as learning a new language. It’s important to challenge yourself mentally by doing something other than watching TV. Video games can be challenging, but remember to work your body too!
- SENSE OF HUMOR - How you think and feel affects how rapidly you age. If you don’t have a good sense of humor, you need to work on that. The easiest way to develop one is to just watch more funny movies, or read funny books. Laughter creates endorphins in the body, which actually strengthen the immune system and lower stress levels.
- RELAXING - Relaxation is vital to staying young. Try not to be rushed all the time. Learning to say no to people helps to lighten the load if you’re constantly giving. Or say yes, but schedule whatever it is for a later date when you actually have free time. Take a few moments every day to just “be still” by meditating or taking a nap. Sitting outside and getting some fresh air, going for a walk, or working on a hobby you enjoy are all great ways to relax and slow down the aging process.