Mark your calendars for March 2nd and learn how to make snacks for Dr. Seuss’ Birthday. Just because you’re a grown up, doesn’t mean you can’t have fun commemorating one of America’s favorite childhood authors. Take March 2nd to celebrate an author and a legend by hosting your very own Dr. Seuss party. Here are some ideas and snack recipes for celebrating Dr. Seuss and all of the fun he brought to our childhoods. Make sure kids don’t drink the Pink Ink or One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish Jello Shots!
In order to host a fun Dr. Seuss Party you will need:
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Pink Ink For The Yink Drink There is a Yink in all of us. This ink drink is basically just a cosmopolitan. Add extra cranberry juice to ensure a rich pink color. Serve Pink Ink for the lushes, sorry Yink's in your life.
- 1 ounce vodka
- ½ ounce triple sec
- ½ ounce lime juice
- ½ ounce cranberry juice
Pour all of the ingredients into a shaker with ice.
Shake vigorously and pour into a martini class.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and a straw.
One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish Blue Fish Jello Shots. These Jello shots are sure to be a hit snack at your Dr. Seuss party. We all loved the book “One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish" and here is the perfect recipe for remembering one of your favorite childhood stories.
- Strawberry Jello, 3 ounce
- Berry Blue Jello, 3, ounce
- Margarita or Lime Flavored Jello, 3 ounce
- Pina Colada Jello, 3 ounce
- 6 ounces water per package of Jello
- 6 ounces vodka per package of Jello
- Fish shaped molds found at any craft store
- Pour gelatin into bowl
- Add six ounces of bowling water and stir until gelatin is dissolved
- Add liquor
- Pour into molds and refrigerate for a minimum of two hours. Overnight is recommended.
Green Eggs and Ham Deviled Eggs. These are fun and easy to make. Obviously an appetizer of scrambled eggs is lame, but deviled eggs are perfect. Just add green food coloring to the deviled eggs and garnish with sliced ham. This recipe is a great snack for celebrating Dr. Seuss’ Birthday.
- 6 eggs
- 2-3 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of mustard
- A few drops of food coloring
- Sliced ham
- Boil eggs for twenty minutes
- Peel eggs and slice long ways
- Empty contents into a mixing bowl using a spoon
- Add mayo, mustard, and food coloring until well mashed
- Refill egg whites with mix. Garnish with sliced ham. Serve chilled.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.