The brand new Xbox 360 headset is not the most popular with gamers these days, but you can learn how to solder an Xbox 360 wired headset. We have heard all the rumors about the official Xbox 360 headset. We know that the sound does not work so well and if you try to use a regular Xbox headset, you will lose the volume control and the mute button. Don’t fret though, you can create your own Xbox 360 headset with a little bit of solder and your favorite headset.
You will need:
- Soldering iron
- 60/40 Rosin Core Solder
- Phillips head screwdriver
- Wire stripper and cutter
- Take the Xbox 360 housing module apart. Do this by unscrewing the two screws in the housing module. Once you have the screws out, the headset and microphone wires will be exposed. The white wire and the bare or gold wire usually go to the speaker, while the red wire and the blue wire go to the speakers.
- Mark the position of each colored wire before you remove them. Then take the soldering iron and just heat where the wire goes into the chip in the headset. Remove each of the four wires.
- Cut and strip the end off of the wire to the new headset. Look at the individual wires to that headset and determine which two wires go to the headset and which go to the microphone. Use the color examples in step one to guide you. Solder the wires to the new Xbox 360 headset into the same places the wires from the old headset were.
- Put the headset back together. Make sure to either keep the rubber grommet to hold the wires in place or tie the headset wire in a knot. Screw the housing module back together. You have now successfully soldered your Xbox 360 headset.
- Make sure you know how to solder and follow these instructions well.
- If you feel you are not capable of soldering your headset, do not try it. You can break the headset and any modifications will void any warranty you may have on the headset.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.