Just because you can pick out what color your lightsaber is, players will still seek cooler cheats and ponder things like how to spawn a vehicle in Jedi Academy. Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy is like playing Quake III with the Star Wars universe characters. In fact, it uses the same game engine. The frenetic pace is a fun ride. But once you get the hang of it, it's only natural to start seeking out all the cheats, Easter eggs and other programmer goodies. While there are not many vehicles to spawn in Jedi Academy, this guide shows you the goods. All of these cheat codes are utilized by pressing 'Shift' and the "~'"(tilde) key.
- AT-ST. To spawn a AT-ST vehicle in Jedi Academy, enter the cheat console and type "Drive_atst". The All Terrain Scout Transports or "chicken walkers," are a blast to cruise around in. Too bad you can't wipe out that annoying Ewok village.
- X-Wing. This one's fun, but it's almost like they don't want you to play with it. Your game will crash when you wedge your X-Wing into solid textures. To spawn as X-Wing vehicle in Jedi Academy, type "Fly_xwing".
- Rancor. Not sure if this one should count as a vehicle, but remember when Jabba threw Luke in the pit to fight the Rancor in Return of the Jedi. The poor Rancor Keeper was so sad when his beloved pet was spiked by the gate because of that annoying Jedi. But regardless, to spawn a Rancor in Jedi Academy, enter the cheat console and type "Rancor_vehicle". Oh and jump on his back to ride him rather than utilizing the "Use" button.
- TIE Bomber. Even though they get shot down fast in the movies, these things just look cool. To spawn a TIE Bomber vehicle in Jedi Academy, enter cheat mode and type "Tie-bomber".
- Tauntaun. This is another questionable entry, but the WordNet dictionary does indeed define a "vehicle" as "A device or structure for transporting persons or things; a conveyance." Plus, how can you not love a tauntaun? It carries you around like a mutant kangaroo, and you can gut it to survive the chilly nights on Hoth. They probably taste pretty good, too. To spawn a Tauntaun in Jedi Academy, type "Tauntaun", and jump on his back.
- Imperial Shuttle. The Imperial Shuttle is like the Cadillac Escalade of the Empire. It's definitely a smooth ride, which is why Lord Vader uses it as his personal bad-ass chariot. To spawn an Imperial Shuttle in Jedi Academ”, type "Lambdashuttle".