How To Speed Up Surfing On Computer
Have you noticed surfing on your computer is getting slower? There could be some "bugs" in your system that are making your computer surfing slower. Some regular routine maintenance will help a lot. Below are some things that can help with this problem.
How To Speed up Surfing on a PC
- Make sure your anti-virus software on your computer is up to date. If it isn't then update it and run a full scan.
- Do a disk clean up. CCleaner is a great little program that can do this for you.
- Make sure you run any spyware scans. A lot of the good spyware programs are completely free. Some good ones are Adaware, Spyware Blaster, Spybot Search & Destroy. You can do a Google search on "free spyware software" and will get a lot of results. You should look at the reviews on each one to be sure they are good and make sure never to download something unless you know exactly what it is.
- Make sure Windows is up to date. To do this open Internet Explorer and click Tools and Windows update. Security threats come out all the time and keeping your Windows up-to-date is very important.
- Do you use Internet Explorer? Firefox, Opera, Chrome or other Internet browsers seem to run faster and are more secure.
- You may need a memory upgrade. If you have 512k or less, upgrading to at least 1 to 2gb will dramatically improve the surfing speed on your computer
- Disk defragment is also something you should do. When you create files, delete or change they become fragmented. This means the file is not stored in one place in its entirety but scattered around your computer. When your files are like this the drive has to search for all the pieces of the file in many locations. The disk defragmenter will put all of these files back in order which will make your computer faster
How to Speed up Surfing on a Mac
It is very frustrating for the Internet to slow down while you are surfing. If you do the following steps you will be surfing a lot faster on your Mac. Safari is the default browser for a Mac and the most popular one so this tutorial is about the Safari browser.
- Clearing your cache will speed up surfing on your Mac. Safari will store recently visited websites on your Mac and this will slow it down. Clearing the cache takes care of this. To clear the cache open the Safari Menu and click Empty Cache. Confirm that you want to delete the cache by clicking OK.
- Resetting the settings will help with the speed of your Mac. This will clear cookies, history, auto-fill data and the cache. To reset Safari click the Safari Menu and select Reset Safari.
If you do all of the above steps it will increase the speed of your computer surfing of your Mac or your PC.