How To Speed Up Your Internet Connection
Learning how to speed up your internet connection is as easy as following these simple steps. Are you tired of slow internet? Do you think that you already paid enough for your existing internet service? If yes, then chances are you probably can speed up your internet connection free or with very little money. This article will teach you several methods that you can speed up your internet connection.
To speed up your internet connection, you will need:
- Internet Modem
- Internet service
- Make sure that your computer is clean. Sometimes, when you think your internet is slow, the problem may lay with the computer instead. Therefore, before we start speeding up your internet connection, you should do the following maintenance steps on your computer: disk defragment and clean up, virus scan and empty your internet browser cache.
- Reset your modem. Turn off your internet modem, and wait for at least three min, then turn it back on. If you over work your modem and do not turn it off periodically, over time, it will become slow and unresponsive.
- Optimize your internet browser. This is especially true for firefox users. If you have too many ad-ons on your browser, it will slow your browser down. Therefore, eliminate the ones that you do not want, and you will see a noticeable internet connection boost immediately.
- If you are using wireless, maybe it is time to upgrade your wireless router. Wireless router technology has drastically improved over the years. This is especially true for homes that have used the same router for more than three years. Upgrading your wireless router to wireless-n router can drastically improve your internet connection if you are using wireless.
- Use an Open DNS. This is more gear towards advanced users. There is a lot of benefits in using a open DNS. Your computer will automatically find the nearest physical location to request for domain when surfing the web. One of the best OpenDNS is the recently released Google public DNS.