If you have one satellite receiver and two TVs, it can be useful to know how to splice two televisions to one satellite receiver. This can be a fun project, as well as allowing you to view channels you could otherwise only view on one television now on two. If the satellite receiver has a DVR built in, this can be especially useful. Follow these steps to connect two televisions to one satellite receiver. These steps will show you how to connect the TVs with coaxial cable, but the cable type can be replaced with higher quality cable if you want.
What you will need:
- Two televisions
- Satellite receiver
- Two Coaxial cables (Length to each TV from receiver)
- Infrared repeater system (receiver and transmitter)
- Coaxial splitter
- Universal remote with the codes for the satellite receiver
- Measure the lengths from the receiver to each of the TVs. You will want to measure the distance to run the cable so it is out of the way, such as through the wall or another way. Purchase the two lengths of coaxial cable for this. You will also need a third short length of cable to connect the receiver to the splitter.
- Connect the short length of coaxial cable to the back of the satellite receiver. Connect the coaxial splitter to the other end of the cable.
- Connect an end of each of the other two cables to one side of the splitter. Then run the cable to each TV and connect them each.
- You will need an infrared repeater system with a transmitter and receiver if you want to control the satellite receiver that is not right next to the receiver. You can also locate the receiver in a separate location, but then you will need two transmitters.
- Place an infrared transmitter wherever you need to control the satellite receiver and the receiver is not visible. This will probably be next to one of the TVs.
- Place the infrared repeater in front of the satellite receiver.
- Program the universal remote so you can control the receiver from the second location away from the receiver. The infrared repeater system will send the signals to control the receiver.
- Test out your new setup to make any needed adjustments.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How to Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, master these skills. (Yes, several are car-related.)