Do you need to learn how to spot fake Adidas shoes or clothes? Adidas is known for its quality gear and has certainly earned its reputation as one of the best athletic apparel companies on the planet. While manufacturers may try to mimic the style of Adidas gear, they can’t touch the quality of authentic Adidas products. Read on to learn how you can spot fake Adidas gear.
- Look at the back of a pair of Adidas shoes and check for a heel tag. It is common for fake Adidas shoes to have a tiny triangular bit of material where the upper leather meets the second layer of leather on the heel of the shoe. Real Adidas shoes are perfectly constructed with great attention to detail, making it easy to spot a fake this way.
- Check out the packaging on the extra laces that come with a new pair of Adidas shoes. Extra laces should be rolled tightly and sealed in plastic. Knock-off Adidas shoes will have laces that are packed loosely in plastic.
- Look for the serial numbers. All real Adidas products have serial numbers on the tags attached to the item. Shoes will have a tag with the size and product information on the inside of the shoe, behind the tongue. Real authentic Adidas shoes will have a different serial number for the left and the right shoes. If the numbers match, the shoes are fake Adidas.
- Always inspect the product’s stitching. Authentic Adidas items will have tight stitching that is evenly spaced. Knock-off Adidas gear may have loose stitch work or stitches sewn in an uneven pattern. Shoddy stitching makes it easy to spot fake Adidas gear.
- Learn how much a real Adidas item is worth. You can check the Adidas website for the prices of the current season’s products as well as other Adidas items. If you come across a “great deal” online or on the street, chances are it’s too good to be true. Do your research before shelling out any money to avoid getting ripped off.