If you are interested in purchasing a Cartier watch, you should know how to spot fake Cartier watches. Cartier watches have long been loved for their stylish design and meticulous craftsmanship. Because these watches are so sought after, counterfeiters of Cartier watches are numerous. This article will show you what to look for to make sure the Cartier watch you decide to purchase is indeed authentic.
- Check the price. Authentic Cartier watches generally start at around $2,000 to $3,000. If the Cartier watch is selling for significantly lower than retail prices then chances are the watch is a fake.
- Examine the construction. A genuine Cartier watch will feel sturdy and solid in your hands. The construction of the watch is clean and well designed. Counterfeit watches have a different feel, usually they are too heavy or too light. The construction of a fake Cartier watch will not look as seamless and may be hard to wind.
- Check the spelling. A lot of fake Cartier watches are manufactured in foreign countries with poor quality control which means misspellings are commonly overlooked. Be sure to check the watch thoroughly for any misspelled words.
- Do a water test. The face on a real Cartier watch is made with a sapphire-like glass which causes water to bead on the surface if it touches it. Rub a few drops of water on the face of the watch. If the water smears instead of beads, then the watch is probably a fake Cartier watch.
Only buy from a store. To reduce your risk of being sold a fake Cartier watch be sure to only purchase them from a reputable store. Ask the seller to show you a certificate of authentification and let the seller know that you will be taking the watch to a get authenticated by a Cartier dealer. Selling counterfeit watches are illegal and when sellers know you are serious they may tell you that the watch is a high-end replica instead.
- Take it to a jeweler. If you have already purchased a Cartier watch and you want to know if it's real or fake simply take it to a professional jeweler. They are trained to spot fake luxury watches and will be able to tell you if your watch is indeed a true or replica Cartier watch.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …