How To Spot A Fake Lacoste
Learning how to spot fake Lacoste clothing is fairly easy. There are a few tell tale signs that can help you determine whether or not apparel is actually made by Lacoste, which can help you avoid getting ripped off by buying knock off products. Following is some information on how to spot fake Lacoste shirts and clothing.
- First, examine the patch on the article of clothing. Lacoste has a crocodile logo that is dark green which is a patch on clothing, so find this. If this is missing, it is fake, so do not buy it.
- Before shopping for Lacoste, memorize or even photograph or print the crocodile logo. Some knock off brands have gone as far as mimicking this patch by simply weaving a similar looking patch into their clothing. On Lacoste, the logo is dark green, facing to the right, and it has an open mouth with a red interior.
- On Lacoste shirts, this logo is set on the left hand side just below the second collar button. It is between that button and the bottom of the stitching below the button. If it is anywhere else, the product is fake.
- The words "small," "medium," and "large" are telltale signs of fake Lacoste. They use a number sizing system, so if the tag has any of these words, the article of clothing is a knock-off.
- Lacoste also uses pearl buttons. If plastic buttons are found below the collar, the clothing is not made by Lacoste. Look for uniquely patterned buttons, as the actual pearls used to make authentic Lacoste buttons are all different, and plastic ones are likely all the same in their patterning.
- Finally, assess the cost. Anything that seems too good (or cheap) to be true probably is. Expect to spend at least $60 or $70 on a real Lacoste shirt.
Learning how to spot fake Lacoste is not too hard. Simply look for the above signs on any clothing that you are considering, and you should be able to determine whether or not it is authentic.