Learning how to spot rat poop can let you know if you have an infestation problem or not. Having rats in your home is not just a matter of pride, it is a matter of health. Rats carry germs and diseases, and the sooner you discover that you have an infestation problem the better. Of course, once you spot the rat poop, do not delay. Call an expert to handle your infestation issues immediately.
- Look for the rat droppings on lower levels like the ground floor and basement. Infestations typically begin from the ground levels on up. It is rare for rats to begin at the top of the house and work their way down. If you do spot rat poop on the second and third stories of your home, this is generally a sign that you have a major rodent problem.
- Check areas where you store and keep food. Rats and other rodents are attracted to food, so look for rat poop in areas like pantries, kitchens and other food storage areas. Thoroughly check all the cupboards and behind all the doors.
- Check other areas of the house. Other areas to look for rat poop include baseboards, studs, behind walls, and over drop ceilings. These are all typical places that rats and other rodents use as they travel around your house.
- Be sure it is a rat dropping. Any type of animal dropping is unsettling, but it is sometimes best to know what you are dealing with in order to understand how best to proceed. Rat poop is typically one half to three fourths in length. They are thicker than mouse droppings and they are blunt on one end. If you spot rat droppings of varying size and shape, this is typically a sign that you have several rats.
- When in doubt, call in an expert. At the first sign of rat poop, it is best to let an expert handle the problem. Yes, you can lay down traps or poisons, but experts can quickly get rid of the problem. The sooner you act, the easier the problem can be resolved.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …