How To Stand Up While Paddle Surfing
Learn the basics by learning how to stand up while paddle surfing. Paddle surfing is a lot easier to accomplish than actual wave surfing. Due to the fact that most paddle surfers only will paddle surf in calm relaxed waters, learning how to paddle surf is not all that difficult, even for those who have never tried it.
- Get on the board from a dock. It is much more difficult to try and get yourself standing up on a board if you try hopping on from the water. Instead find a dock, and take your time slowly getting on to the board.
- Have a partner at the dock where you will be launching. This person will be able to hand you your paddle to make things easier while you are trying to balance yourself.
- You will center yourself in the middle of the board. You do not need to turn to the side like surfers would while riding waves.
- Once you have yourself centered, it should be rather easy to remain balanced.
- Once you are centered and feel balanced, have your partner hand you your paddle.
- While paddling around the calm water, keep yourself at the center of the board, and enjoy paddle surfing.
- Try avoiding rough currents and larger waves, especially if it is your first time paddle surfing. Currents can make things tough on you, and waves can knock you off the board.
- Always wear a life jacket, and try to have a surf paddle partner with you on their own board. It's a buddy system, and we recommend you have a buddy system in place for every water sport, even simple ones like paddle surfing.