How To Start 2009 Harley Davidson Sportster
If you want to learn how to start a 2009 Harley Davidson Sportster the correct way, then you’re in the right place. This in an extremely awesome ride that’s not made to stay parked in the garage for long periods of time. Learn the right steps to turn it on and unleash this wild road beast.
To start a 2009 Harley Davidson Sportster, you will need:
- Sportster Key
- Owner’s Manual
- Information about the Harley Davidson Sportster. This sleek line of motorcycles is one of the most lovable models of this brand. Harley Davidson really knows what the people like and delivers high quality products to lust for. The Sportster itself comes in the classic black color, a trademark of its rough attitude. The mudguard contour received a redesign this year to be better adapted for the wheel diameters.
- Insert the Sportster key. The first thing you must do to start the Sportster is insert the ignition key. This is the most basic part of every start-up procedure. Follow this action by turning the key and selecting the “On” position. Then, you must continue to activate the choke by pulling the knob.
- Check the fuel line. In the engine, there is a switch for the fuel line. Make sure it’s in the “On” position. If not, you can’t properly continue with the start.
- Learn to change shifts with the Sportster. To select the neutral position or to change speeds, you just have to do two things. First, hold the clutch firmly, and then bring down the shifter with your foot. To go back to the neutral position, just do the opposite.
- Start the engine. There is a button to activate this option. It’s located exactly to the right of the handlebar. Don’t push it for more than two seconds or it will cause flooding and damage the engine. When you hear the engine noise, it’s recommended that you leave it for five minutes. In this lapse of time, it will warm up properly. Do not ride the Sportster without performing this important step. Be sure to push the choke knob in.
- Harley Davidson Sportster tips. When riding a Harley, always wear head protection and riding glasses as a preventative measure in case of sudden road accidents. It’s fun to ride a Harley but for beginners it’s not easy to maintain balance on one. Before starting up a Sportster, check to make sure that there’s enough gas in the tank. If you can, also check the Harley charging system once in a while.
- How To Buy A Harley Davidson Sportster
- How To Clean A Harley Davidson Sportster
- How To Remove A Wheel On A Harley Davidson Sportster