How To Start A Country Music Fan Club
If you love country music and want to share that love with others, you may want to know how to start a country music fan club. Country music is a much-loved genre, especially in the southern United States, but it's also enjoyed all over the world. Country music is known for telling strong, moving stories in each song. Here's how you can bring others together to celebrate this great musical heritage with a country music fan club.
- First, you want to find your country music niche. Although it may seem that you could get a lot more club members if you kept it to a general country music fan club, that's not the case. Specificity and a niche allows people to join a club related to their exact country music interests. For example, you could start a fan club for modern country, for artists such as Carrie Underwood and Keith Urban. You could also opt to go for classic country, or you may even pick just a single country music artist. If you love Eddie Rabbit, for example, you may start a fan club just for him.
- Make a business plan for your fan club. This doesn't mean that you have to plan to make money off of your fan club. It means that you need to make a plan for your club's success, just as a business does. Decide your goals, fan club philosophy, the purpose of your club, what you want to accomplish, how you plan on advertising the club and gaining members and whether you want it to be a local, national or even international fan club.
- Design a website. Today, every company, organization or club needs a website. If you can't afford to host your own website, there are some sites that will allow you to set up a blog for free. You want to include information on how users can join the fan club on your website, and hosting a forum is a great idea so that users can communicate with one another, a really fun aspect of a fan club. You must provide a way to contact you on the fan club website as well, so that fan club members can contact you with questions. Have an FAQ (frequently asked questions) page as well, where you can answer questions that fan club members ask a lot.
- Create social networking accounts for your country music fan club. Link back to your country music fan club website on each social networking page, and establish your web presence. You want to use the same name as your website on the social networking sites. Connect to other fans on these pages, and you'll soon find that a lot of country music fans are probably interested in your club. You can find fans by looking up certain musical artists or search by the genre itself.
- Make your fan club fun for its members. Hold contests. Keep a tour calendar and send it out, so that your fellow country music fans can see their favorite artists on tour. Communicate openly. Facilitate communication between members so that the friendly and fun environment of the fan club can be constant.