How To Start An Eagles Fan Club
If you are a diehard fan of the Eagles who aims to share your enjoyment with other fans, you'll want to learn how to start an Eagles fan club. Because they have been together as a band since 1971, they have developed a huge fan base over the years. You will have many fans of all different ages that will likely be interested in your club. To stand out, you have to take the right steps in forming a devoted fan club.
- Create a plan for your Eagles fan club before you start an eagles fan club. For an example, look at business plans. Of course, your plan as a fan club is not likely to be one that turns a profit. Most fan clubs simply break even while enjoying the privilege of supporting a worthy band or performing artist. However, your plan should include how you plan to finance the club, whether you charge membership fees, what members will get for paying a membership fee, whether the club can be official or not, the purpose of your Eagles fan club, the philosophies of your fan club, a club member staff code of conduct, who the officers of your fan club are (or whether it's a solo effort), writers about the band for your club newsletters, and many other considerations. Think long-term when making the plan.
- Decide on a name for your fan club. It should be a name that can be registered as a ".com" website address. You should also be able to get the name on Facebook and Twitter, so that you'll have a unified presence on the web later on. Check those things before deciding on a final name for your Eagles fan club. Register the fan club name as a Website and with social networking Websites for proper promotion.
- Contact the members of the Eagles if you'd like it to be considered as an official fan club. If not, you'll probably like to simply request and interview or photographs written to the fan club, for posting on the Website and newsletters. It certainly gives the fan club more credibility.
- Become an Eagles expert. You'll need to know all about the band, even beyond their music, in order to successfully run a fan club on them. You'll want to know all of the trivia of the Eagles. For instance, the band did break up in 1980, but they came back together in 1994. They've been touring on and off ever since.
- Build a website for your fan club with the domain that you registered before. You can write bios of the band members on it, make a blog to express your opinions on all things related to the band, display your photographs from tours and of memorabilia you have of the band, and place a calendar, so that fans know when the band is touring. If you don't like writing, hire a website writer. There are many freelance writers who'd be happy to work for a fair price.
- Try to get the word out about your fan club, without appearing as "spammy." Spam is unsolicited commercial emails or messages; you don't want to just send out spam blindly. However, you can message about ten Eagles fans per day on Twitter and start a conversation with them. If you genuinely simply want to talk to fans, there's nothing wrong with that. However, remember to post 80 percent messages that aren't simply promoting your fan club. Be involved in your community and be there for your fan club members.
- Hold an introductory contest upon the announcement of your fan club. That will get lots of hits to your website. It will also attract return traffic to your fan club website. Give away concert tickets or a really cool piece of Eagles memorabilia that's chosen among the first 50 or 100 fan club members.
- Make sure to update the Website and fan club at least once a week. Do it every day if you can. The more effort you put into your fan club, the more you will get out of it. You may just get backstage to meet the Eagles one of these days.